Why Is My Seagate External Hard Drive Beeping?
A 2.5″ Seagate external hard drive beeps (usually after a drop or bump) because the heads are stuck on the platters. The beeping comes from the motor that is not able to turn. This happens when the drive had power going through it when the drop/bump occurred, ether causing the heads to move onto the platters from the parked position or when the drive is actively reading the drive thus moving the heads across the platter resulting in stuck heads.
There are three possible solutions for stuck heads data recovery but has you read through them, we are sure you will agree the last option is the best solution for your data recovery:
- Move the heads carefully off the platters over to the parked position and running PC-3000 express to check the drive is functioning properly. This is not recommended as the process of moving the heads across the platters can damage the heads. The heads may even be damaged due them getting stuck on the platters and may end up needing a replacement anyway. Platter damage can yield no recovery so we do not preform this type of data recovery.
- Use a head comb to gently lift and and move the stuck heads back to the parked position. This will not scrape the heads along the platters and does not create bad sectors in the process. Its important to note that the heads still may be damaged after being stuck down on the platters and running the drive in this state could do damaged to the platters creating bad sectors in the process. Once again, Platter damage can yield no recovery so we always go for option 3.
- Use a head comb to gently lift the heads back to the parked the position just like number 2 and straight away replace the heads from a donor drive. Running through PC-3000 to check the Seagate drive is running correctly is a must, just like in option 1. This is the best solution for data recovery on beeping Seagate external hard drive and is the option we preform in this case.
- Ask Magic Mike Speaks Plain English
Ask Magic Mike speaks in non technical lingo, never again feel confused about IT
- 90 Days Warranty
Ask Magic Mike gives most every day repairs a 90 day warranty so you can put your mind at ease
- Affordable Pricing
Ask Magic Mike will always strive for the best possible solution at the best possible price within your budget
- Fixed Price Guarantee
The Price that you sign on for is the price you will pay, no unexpected fees
- Ask Magic Mike Cares
We care about the success of your business and are willing to help you grow at every opportunity, because your success, is our success
- Ask Magic Mike Loves People
Having dealt with large corporations to small family businesses, Ask Magic Mike feels right at home with the small growing business
Please contact us today for Quote!
PBTech most likely can recover your data depending on how the drive has failed. Although PBTech can recover your data, this doesn’t mean its the best option for you.
Data recover to home is possible depending on how the Hard Drive has failed. Find out how its done inside.
Find out how long it might take for your hard drive data recovery. You might be surprised!
A computer Hard Drive is a storage device used to keep all your data, even if the computer is powered off. Learn More inside.
In Short, Yes. Hard drive’s can be repaired but only for the propose of Hard Drive Data Recovery.
If the drive is not showing up this is usually $375-$675 for the recovery. This can be a firmware corruption but you might be lucky and just have a bad partition table. Click here to find out more.